mardi 20 avril 2010

Don't let the children cry

Paroles de Chris sur une musique de Chris Georgio.

Don’t let the children cry

I was only three feet tall
Days were warm the papers said I don’t recall I stayed in bed
And I heard voices in the hall
The women crying for the dead and the pain of all that lay ahead
Children climb and children fall
Calm the storm inside their head watch them crawl and keep them fed
And I hear them play they’re learning not to cry
And all the miles I’ve travelled to get here
I’d walk them all again to know that no more children get to grow
So old so young as me
Please don’t let go ’cause innocence is all
Have to lose it one day but not too soon
And children climb and children fall
They find their feet and through it all
We calm the storm inside their head
We keep them warm we keep them fed
And I hear them playing soldiers and mama says don’t cry
Don’t let the children cry
Don’t let the children cry